What's On Your Nightstand

June has been a great reading month for me. I'm participating in the Victorian Celebration, and having so much fun with that. And when I haven't been reading books, well, I've been watching all the adaptations of Jane Eyre I could find! 

Here's what I'm currently reading:

After Dark, Wilkie Collins, collection of mystery short stories, 1856

The Princess and Curdie by George MacDonald, children's fantasy 1883


Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, classic, 1847

Holiness: Its Nature, Hindrances, Difficulties and Roots, by J.C. Ryle (unabridged, but I like the abridged cover better) theology, 1879

Lorna Doone: A Romance of Exmoor by R.D. Blackmore, classic, 1869

Here's what I *just* finished reading:

Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon, classic 1862

The Dead Witness: A Connoisseur's Collection of Victorian Detective Stories, edited by Michael Sims, collection of mystery short stories by various writers, 2011

The Long Earth. Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter, science fiction, 2012



© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews